Discover dynamic education programs and curriculum resources about the history of our city, state, and nation.
Application Information and Instructions
- Basic contact information, including your e-mail address, phone number, mailing address, institution name and address, years of teaching experience, etc.
- A resume in PDF form (five pages max).
- A letter of support from a current or past supervisor, colleague, or student.
- The names and e-mail addresses of three references who the selection committee may contact as part of this process. One of these references may be the same person who writes your letter of support.
- A short answer (150 words max) in response to the following prompt: What do you hope your students and/or school community will gain from your participation in this institute?
- A brief essay (two pages double spaced max, in PDF form) in response to the following prompt: NEH Institutes are academically and scholarly rigorous experiences. Participating teachers will engage in readings, lectures, discussions, tours, and other experiences designed to push their understanding of American history and K-12 education. What qualifies you to be a part of this community?
- A brief essay (two pages double spaced max, in PDF form) in response to the following prompt: There are many incredible NEH institutes offered each summer. Why do you want to attend this one?
“Any views, findings, conclusions, or recommendations expressed in this program do not necessarily represent those of the National Endowment for the Humanities.”